Skip to main content

FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK: LYIA META

Hi! Everyone,
This weeks FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK is the talented singer-songwriter & visual artist LYIA META
Photo Credit: Raymond Loh


1.Please introduce yourself
I am Lyia Meta from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. A singer songwriter and visual artist, I have been a familiar face in the Kuala Lumpur club circuit for sometime. 

2. How did you get into music?
I come from a musically and artistically inclined family and we were introduced to music and art from a tender age. With the exception of my mother,  everyone at home sang and/or  played an instrument and painted.

3. What instruments do you play? 
I haven't mastered any instrument but I use the guitar to help me write my songs. My main instrument is my voice. 

4. Who are your influences? My influences are rooted in rock and blues. I grew up listening to the likes of Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, BB King, The Cream, Eric Clapton, The Who, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Hendrix and many more

5. Tell us about your latest release.

I write from personal experiences and from issues and experiences that have shaped me and which I can relate to.   As songwriters,  we often keep to performing or recording our own compositions. After all we invest so much of ourselves into the process that we usually NEED to see it become a reality, flesh and blood so to speak.  So for my latest release I was actually headed to the studio to record my next baby.   Then I received an inbox from  Paul Michael Curtis complete with the songs he felt I would do justice to.  I listened and fell on love with 'All of My Love' almost immediately.  So I put my plans on hold took his song into the studio and  recorded it. 
It was a first for me because previous to that all my recordings have been my own compositions
Photo Credit:Khahin Meta


6. Whats your songwriting process? 
I don't have a process. I do whatever comes naturally. Sometimes I just fool around with chords. There has been times where an entire melody comes to me and lyric later. Of course I still work at tweaking it and I have songs that I have tweaked so many times and still stayed in my 'incomplete' folders. I have become my worst critic! I am always filled with anxiety before I record any of my compositions and somewhere midway through production I get jittery and often have to convince myself that I should NOT pull out. It's quite a joke at home. ....There she goes again.

7. Which musician/ artist would you most like to collaborate with & why? 
 Eric Clapton!  I mean it needs no explanation as to why I would love to work with him and definitely no explanation as to who he is.  I've been listening to his music for years.  He is  blues and rock..  There was a time where his influences in country reflected in his music too and he was voted best Rock guitarist so many times.  

8. If you were on a desert island what 3 musical gear would you take? 
My art block, my box of pencils and my recorder (to record songs).

9. Where can fans find your music (links etc)?







 I would like to say a huge thank you to LYIA META for taking part in this week 'Featured Artist of the Week' 😀😀

Until next time

Law


Popular posts from this blog

CUBASE & LOGIC PRO X- BYPASS ALL PLUGINS!

A few weeks ago someone posted in Facebook group about how to Bypass ALL plugins in Cubase 8.5. (As some of you may know i use Cubase 8.5 in the main studio). It's a lot quicker than turning off each individual plugin. Here's how to do this: CUBASE- Go to File  Key Commands  Mixer (Section) Bypass Inserts Type in box a key (e.g. B etc) Assign OK When you press that key all plugins should be bypassed on the mixer LOGIC PRO X- As far as i know at the moment you cannot just press one button/ key & turn all the plugins off simultaneously. You can row by row.  Here's a quick video tutorial : Hope this helps Until next time Law Official Website LW Music Services Twitter Facebook (Law) Facebook (LW Music Services) Youtube Instagram Soundbetter

FAMOUS SAMPLES?

If you've ever heard a song & thought "Hold on, I recognise some of this". Maybe that's because the song you are listening to contains a sample of another song. Here is a few famous songs with the 'Original' sample in brackets: 'Hung Up' -MADONNA ('Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie' -ABBA) 'SOS'-RIHANNA ('Tainted Love'-SOFT CELL, However the 'original was by GLORIA JONES) 'Sing for the moment'- EMINEM ('Dream On'- AEROSMITH) 'Rock DJ'-ROBBIE WILLIAMS (It's ecstasy when you lay next to me'- BARRY WHITE) 'Good Feeling'- FLO RIDA ('Somethings got a hold of me'- ETTA JAMES) Gold Digger'- KANYE WEST FEAT. JAMIE FOX ('I got a Woman'- RAY CHARLES) 'Feel Good Time' -PINK FEAT WILLIAM ORBIT ('Fresh Garbage'-SPIRIT) 'Don't Stop The Music'- RIHANNA ('Wanna be startin' somethin'- MICHAEL JACKSON) 'Regulate'- WARREN G & NA

PEDAL STEEL SYNTH?

Synthesizers use oscillators to create a tone. Sound Source synth uses strings. The synth features: Slide Bar Pitch Bending Pedal Delay Analog Filter As of writing this the synth is still in prototype.  The price will be approx $700-$1200.  This is certainly a different musical instrument Until next time Law OFFICIAL WEBSITE LW MUSIC SERVICES (Mixing & Mastering) TWITTER  FACEBOOK (Law) FACEBOOK (LW Music Services) FACEBOOK (The Solar Project) YOUTUBE