Skip to main content

FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK: ROSS SEDDON

Hi! Everyone, This weeks 'FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK' is the talented musician singer-songwriter ROSS SEDDON
Photo Credit: Lynden Courtney



1.Please introduce yourself
 Ross Seddon musician singer songwriter from Melbourne Australia

2. How did you get into music?
 Typically, like many young kids, I had urge to sing. Whilst learning piano while at school not much was developed in a musical outlook. It wasn’t until after leaving school that I then proceeded to learn an instrument, had singing lessons and found many strengths in poetry were now coming out in song writing. That proceeded into the goal of being the next rock star. Not from want of trying that didn’t eventuate and by my late 20’s family and need to provide for my family ended my rock start quest.

3. What instruments do you play?
 Main strength is guitar with some keyboard

4. Who are your influences?
 My influences were that bands of the 60’s and early 70’s
Early rock bands whom my brother followed (he was a drummer throughout the 60’s) then my own starting with The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin plus a host of US and other UK bands of the era,

5. Tell us about your latest release
  My personal releases are
3 track EP – But Why – 1982
Album – You’re the Reason - 2017

6. What’s your song writing process? 
 Generally, there’s no rules, I play around with melody (verbally and instrument), sounds of interest that make it different or interesting, or chord and rhythm progressions. Swapping and experimenting between them, finding what inspires me at any given moment I allow to flow. I’m conscious about song framework but try not to let it rule the initial inspiration moments as I find that might limit the direction and therefore outcome. Verbally the melody can direct pace, feel and ultimate outcome as often it is the lead instrument. If idea good I quickly record, if I find I run out of interest I let it go

7. Which musician/ artist would you most like to collaborate with & why?
 Way to many to settle on one. It would have been John Lennon because of his innate ability to create new sounds. Today I don’t hear any inspiring new talent in mainstream. None are creating just repeating. Sad really.

8. If you were on a desert island what 3 musical gear would you take? 
 Guitar, my voice and iPhone (with huge battery) for recording


9. Where can fans find your music (links etc)?

I would like to say a huge thank you to ROSS SEDDON for taking part in 'Featured Artist of the Week'😀😀

Until next time

Law

Popular posts from this blog

CUBASE & LOGIC PRO X- BYPASS ALL PLUGINS!

A few weeks ago someone posted in Facebook group about how to Bypass ALL plugins in Cubase 8.5. (As some of you may know i use Cubase 8.5 in the main studio). It's a lot quicker than turning off each individual plugin. Here's how to do this: CUBASE- Go to File  Key Commands  Mixer (Section) Bypass Inserts Type in box a key (e.g. B etc) Assign OK When you press that key all plugins should be bypassed on the mixer LOGIC PRO X- As far as i know at the moment you cannot just press one button/ key & turn all the plugins off simultaneously. You can row by row.  Here's a quick video tutorial : Hope this helps Until next time Law Official Website LW Music Services Twitter Facebook (Law) Facebook (LW Music Services) Youtube Instagram Soundbetter

FAMOUS SAMPLES?

If you've ever heard a song & thought "Hold on, I recognise some of this". Maybe that's because the song you are listening to contains a sample of another song. Here is a few famous songs with the 'Original' sample in brackets: 'Hung Up' -MADONNA ('Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie' -ABBA) 'SOS'-RIHANNA ('Tainted Love'-SOFT CELL, However the 'original was by GLORIA JONES) 'Sing for the moment'- EMINEM ('Dream On'- AEROSMITH) 'Rock DJ'-ROBBIE WILLIAMS (It's ecstasy when you lay next to me'- BARRY WHITE) 'Good Feeling'- FLO RIDA ('Somethings got a hold of me'- ETTA JAMES) Gold Digger'- KANYE WEST FEAT. JAMIE FOX ('I got a Woman'- RAY CHARLES) 'Feel Good Time' -PINK FEAT WILLIAM ORBIT ('Fresh Garbage'-SPIRIT) 'Don't Stop The Music'- RIHANNA ('Wanna be startin' somethin'- MICHAEL JACKSON) 'Regulate'- WARREN G & NA

PEDAL STEEL SYNTH?

Synthesizers use oscillators to create a tone. Sound Source synth uses strings. The synth features: Slide Bar Pitch Bending Pedal Delay Analog Filter As of writing this the synth is still in prototype.  The price will be approx $700-$1200.  This is certainly a different musical instrument Until next time Law OFFICIAL WEBSITE LW MUSIC SERVICES (Mixing & Mastering) TWITTER  FACEBOOK (Law) FACEBOOK (LW Music Services) FACEBOOK (The Solar Project) YOUTUBE